Circle of Security Parenting is a parent-reflection program offering the core components of the based and internationally acclaimed COS protocol. This 4-day training teaches professionals to use an eight-chapter DVD to educate parents and caregivers. The program presents video examples of secure and problematic parent/child interaction, healthy options in care-giving, and animated graphics designed to clarify principles central to COS. Circle of Security Parenting implements decades of attachment research in an accessible step-by-step process for use in group settings, home visitation or individual counseling.
The program covers the following learning objectives:
- Understand the theoretical foundation of the Circle of Security
- Shift caregiver focus from behaviour management to enhancing the quality of relationship
- Understand specific steps to build self-reflection in caregivers
- Use video examples to support increased empathy in caregivers
- Identify new options to help caregivers manage emotions
- Learn step-by-step approaches for promoting secure attachment in children
This program has been used as a Family Oriented Programming session for parents of PUF students (Pre-kindergarten and kindergarten).
For further informattion contact division psychologist Barb Rusiewicz-Enwright or FSW clinical lead Amber Stonebridge