Locally developed by the Youth Empowerment and Support team, the program is designed to help teach grade one students about sharing, manners, healthy eating, helping others and the importance of outside play.
Brain Gym is a series of quick, fun, and energizing activities.
We utilize the Brain Gym® educational model to:
- promote play and the joy of learning
- draw out and honor innate intelligence
- build awareness regarding the value of movement in daily life
- emphasize the ability to notice and respond to movement-based needs
- encourage self-responsibility
- leave each participant appreciated and valued
- empower each participant to better take charge of his own learning
- encourage creativity and self expression
- inspire an appreciation of music, physical education and the fine arts
The We Thinkers! series (formerly named The Incredible Flexible You) is a Social Thinking educational series that combines a social learning framework with music and dramatic play activities for early learners (ages 4-7).
We Thinkers! Play GPS is a book that introduces several tools designed to help you understand children’s different levels of play, observe children’s play behaviour across varied contexts, use scoring sheets to determine play level, and then select play activities for that level.