Leadership Opportunities for Students
To provide students with an opportunity to build confidence, communication skills, as well as social emotional skills.
To allow students to use their knowledge and creativity to make a positive impact on their school.
To increase healthy school interactions and culture.
This can happen in a variety of ways. Please check out the resources below. Only a few examples are provided below. Ideas should be adapted to make sense for individual classrooms and schools.
- A leadership club – students gather at recess, lunch or after school to initiate school activities, rallies, donation opportunities for the school, etc.
- Older classes meet with younger classes and participate in a reading buddies program.
- Students participate in the Leos Club (see resource below).
- Older grades plan a sports day for the entire school.
- Partner up a younger student in need of mentoring, with an older student and provide time and space for the two to interact in a safe environment – play games in the gym, paint together in the school, etc.